Gandhinagar: The central government has announced the “Har Ghar Tiranga” campaign to invoke a sense of patriotism among the people as part of “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” to commemorate 75 years of independence. As part of this campaign, citizens across India will hoist the national flag in their homes.
Gujarat is on guard to make this campaign a success. The programs will take place in seven locations in Gujarat. These places are linked to Indian freedom.
1. Bhavnagar: Thakkar Bapa of Bhavnagar was a social worker and established a number of schools for tribal education. He was a loyal follower of Mahatma Gandhi.
2. Surat: A renowned Gandhian, Dr. Usha Mehta, from Surat, was actively involved in the non-cooperation movement and the Quit India movement. She was imprisoned several times.
3. Historical Places in Ahmedabad: Several programs will take place in well-known places in Ahmedabad related to freedom struggle.
4. Kirti Mandir, Porbandar: This is the place where Gandhi was born. A memorial, retracing his life, has been built here.
5. Statue of Unity, Narmada (Rajpipla): Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel popularly known as Sardar Patel was an Indian politician and an active participant in the freedom struggle.
6. Dandi Salt Satyagraha Memorial, Navsari: Dandi Salt Satyagraha Memorial is one of the unique monuments commemorating Mahatma Gandhi.
7. Shyamji Krishna Varma, Kutch: Shyamji Krishna Varma is one of the foremost freedom fighters in Indian history.
1 crore of national flags to be hoisted in Gujarat
Under the Har Ghar Tiranga Abhiyan, one crore national flags will be hoisted on top of houses in Gujarat. In addition, national flags will also be hoisted in all government offices. The campaign will be launched on August 13 across India.